Server, Discord And Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Information' started by Cyrup, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Deltave

Deltave
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +61 / 9
    Minecraft:
    Deltave
    Regarding necroposting

What if I want to post on a thread that is not an admin's and has been inactive (for let's say a month) because I don't want to make an entire new thread about it.

E.g. If I want to post on Anno's missing features thread (that has been inactive for a long time), am I allowed to? Because creating a new thread for what I want to say would be a hassle and we'd have two very similar threads, making the forums look cluttered with multiple threads of the same topic.

2. Taggrin

Taggrin
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Ratings:
    +114 / 37
    Necroposting really depends on the situation. Some things need to be able to be answered at any time, like for example this thread (in this scenario - with rule threads, information posts, useful topics, etc it is okay). People should always be able to ask questions regarding the rules, even if they join the severs a few months late. Of course there might be a gap in posts, but since it is an important 'ongoing discussion' that is no big deal.

For most other things it is against the rule. Lets say someone posts a screenshot of their cat and everyone says how lovely it is. Then 3 months later someone replies "he is indeed cute!". Is it? Maybe the cat died already. And is it really necessary for someone else to state what has been said again?

In a nutshell, if it is a sticky thread or maybe a "what do you think/want" thread created by an admin you are good to go. With all others most likely not.

#22 Taggrin, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Admin Approval Admin Approval x 1
  3. Cyrup

Cyrup
    Expand Collapse
    Community Manager
    VIP

Ratings:
    +96 / 26
    Minecraft:
    cyrup
    What Taggrin has said; exactly. You can also go by the "is it really necessary to say this?" idea (which I just added into Taggrin's post above, he he). If it's not constructive and isn't needed in the discussion, don't bother posting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigres

Tigres
    Expand Collapse

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Minecraft:
    TheSnipingCow
    So, about the swearing thing. Should I always report it whenever someone swears?

And also, because I am not originally english I do not know surely what is, and what is not true swear words. I do not swear in my own laguage so this is not much problem for me, but perhaps someone else with another main laguage find this problematic.So can someone (admin/moderator) post a link or make a list of words that are not acceptable? (or just link to a forum post where this probably already has been asked \(._.)/)

5. Taggrin

Taggrin
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Ratings:
    +114 / 37
    If someone just swears once, please try to remind them of the rules instead of reporting. This often resolves the issue already and saves a lot of time for us staff. If the person however continues you should report them.

As for swear words I guess you can recognize the most commonly used ones, but I will discuss about making a list!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cyrup

Cyrup
    Expand Collapse
    Community Manager
    VIP

Ratings:
    +96 / 26
    Minecraft:
    cyrup
    We can certainly make a list (I will work on this in the future); and if we do I'll update this thread with such a fantastic list.

In the mean time, do as Taggrin says. If you suspect anyone is swearing you can always remind them not too, and if you're unsure whether what you're about to say (in your native language) is a swear word that could be recognised by someone else, just don't say it at all. You never know who could know what that word means..!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 3
    Minecraft:
    Turammarth
    And then once you make that list, for some reason I shall go to the Urban Dictionary for all the words I don't know....

8. Pandazande

Pandazande
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Gladiator

Ratings:
    +88 / 12
    Minecraft:
    Pandazande
    Just wanted to inform everyone of a new rule update that the staff team decided to include about having an Anti-AFK client or macro which allows you to bypass the AFK system. This is not allowed whatsoever, and will be tolerated to the full extent as any other hacked client. :)

• Hype Hype x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1