It’s time. For this patch, we wanted to revisit MCStrike’s core - the gameplay mechanics and rewards of playing.
We felt that there was something a little inconsistent about the combat and player feedback during gameplay, so we’ve made many small tweaks in the combat system that’s improved the entire feel of the game.
Want to try out these changes? Go ahead and log on now!
Wondering what the small changes are? Here you go:
- Added a much more obvious ‘hitmarker’ sound as personal feedback that you’ve hit someone with the bullets you’re firing. This same sound applies to all of your damage sources
- Added new ‘bullet hit’ sounds that play on a person when they get hit by incoming fire.
- Death SFX have been reapplied
- The ‘ricochet’ sound no longer plays when a player gets hit; it should have only ever played on surfaces (e.g. walls)
- Removed glitchy block-hit sounds when shooting onto a surface. Instead you will now only hear the ‘ricochet’ sounds
- Sounds are better categorized now so you can use the ingame sound sliders to balance them to your liking
- Bullets now disappear after 2 blocks of travelling
- This prevents the bug where the bullet might curve off in a random direction after 2 blocks,...
Unlike a Lootbag, a Luckybox is special item which is only purchasable using the premium currency of Stars. Whereas Lootbags are randomly won after a game, a Luckybox can be bought at any time to gain cosmetic rewards such as masks.
You can get your Luckyboxes any time by using a Luckybox Monument (see "To open a Luckybox" below for more info)! You can also open a Luckybox by visiting NPC’s in the Mall. Whilst at the mall take a wander to the Mask Store to check out a small selection of Masks available in a Luckybox . You can access the mall by walking or selecting the chest icon of “Mall” from within the Noxpad.
Once you’ve opened your box, you can stroll around in the pride and glory of your fantastic cosmetic items. Yep, this is your chance to transform into Arsenic and become one with The Shark - even if only in head form! If Masks aren’t your thing, have no fear - we will include more items in the future. Opening a Luckybox will also allow you to bask in the glory of our special sound and particle effects, as well as getting cool rewards.
To open a Luckybox….
- Approach a fantastic monument of your choice - they’re the purple podiums labelled “Luckybox Monument” for your convenience!
- Right click the square in the middle of the podium
- This will open your inventory
- Click the Luckybox on the left to continue
- If you don’t have any Stars, click the chest on the to right purchase some! You will need Stars to purchase a Luckybox
- Clicking on the Box will immediately begin the animation, beaming down the box towards you, pulling it from the...
Not to be confused with Lucky Boxes (purchasable from the Store), Lootbags are randomly dropped whilst playing Gameshow games - there’s no way to predict when you will receive one! Lootbags contain all sorts of prizes and cosmetic items, some rarer than others. Some items are only found in rare Lootbags. There are 3 Tiers (or levels) of Lootbags. The quality of the goodies you receive depends on the Tier of the bag.
The rate at which you receive Lootbags is based on how often you win a game. You are twice as likely to get a Lootbag after winning a game at the Winner’s Podium - although if you lose you can still receive a bag.The higher your level, the more chance you have of receiving a bag - e.g, as a level 30 player you’ll get less Tier 1 bags, but there’s a higher chance of a receiving a Tier 3 bag!
Lootbags can be opened by selecting them from the Toybox. This will reveal the contents of the Lootbag in front of you. The fantastic prizes you can receive include Weapons, Balls and Drinks. The quality of these rewards depend on the Tier of the Lootbag. Items can be showed off in the hub or in game. Others - such as Balls - are super rare and can only be found in within the bags. You can’t even get them in the store!
1. Whilst in the Factory hub, click on the Toy Box in your main hotbar
2. Tap on the golden sword called "Loot"
3. Tap the pot to access your Lootbags!
Was this post helpful? What other features or Factory content to you want explained or featured? Comment below!
Page 4 of 8